History of Cornerstone Bank
The Cornerstone Bank story began on May 4, 1912, when Bank of Eureka Springs was chartered. The bank survived several panics, the Great Depression, and two World Wars. In 1946, it was the only bank remaining in Eureka Springs out of a half dozen or more started since the town's founding in 1879.
The Historic Downtown Branch located at 70 South Main Street was constructed in 1966 reflecting the turn of the century atmosphere of the town. Having undergone two major expansions, the building still retains the Victorian theme. The first branch in the county was opened at the New Town location on Highway 62 East in 1980 and the first financial institution branch at Holiday Island in 1985.
In December of 2003, the Financial Center in Eureka Springs opened for business, providing a full-service banking facility, including an internet café, brokerage services and training facility that is utilized by local organizations.
In February 2006, a new Holiday Island branch was opened, which is another state-of-the art facility equipped with full-service banking, lending, brokerage services, an internet café and training facility.
In the Spring of 2008, the Bank of Eureka Springs announced its intention to change its name to Cornerstone Bank. In the announcement of this decision, Charlie Cross, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated "We are proud of our long and rich history of being a locally owned and operated bank for 96 years. Our commitment to the financial success of our clients, our history of service, sound management, and committed employees have been the backbone of our bank's growth and success." The name Cornerstone Bank was chosen because it demonstrates the bank's long history and strong foundation, while representing the institution's desire to grow with innovative and progressive products and services.
In Fall 2008, Bank of Eureka Springs officially changed its name to Cornerstone Bank. Along with the name change, in Spring 2009, the Bank opened another state-of-the art facility in Berryville. The new name allows for greater expansion capability, and greater cohesion for differing markets. The Bank has plans to open additional facilities in other markets in the future. It will be one bank, with one name, offering more locations and more convenience.